Since 1952 the Associated Roofing Contractors of Northern California (ARCNC) has been the voice of the roofing industry in the Sacramento and Northern San Joaquin Valleys.
Established to enhance the success and prosperity of roofing contractors, the ARCNC provides opportunities for networking and information exchange, to protect the interests of consumers, to provide a forum for interaction and communication with building code enforcement personnel, and to advocate on behalf of the local roofing industry.
For membership questions or to discuss upcoming events or strategic opportunities, please contact our office at (916) 456-3843.
ARCNC Membership: Interact and Prosper
ARCNC provides its members with valuable information on industry related trends, building permits and code enforcement, risk management, energy efficiency, materials, equipment, safety, and much more. Members include: residential and commercial roofing companies, manufacturers, distributors, manufacturer’s representatives, tear-off companies, gutter companies, solar companies and professional services organizations.
What ARCNC Does For You
Building Department Relationships:
• ARCNC hosts regular Building Department Forums attended by numerous local building department representatives, offering ARCNC members and local building officials the opportunity to interact and exchange information
• ARCNC gives the roofing industry a voice with local building officials. ARCNC staff has been invited by the local building official organization to speak at their membership meetings.
Title 24 Cool Roofing:
• ARCNC hosted a seminar covering the proposed 2008 Energy Efficiency Standards.
• ARCNC completed a survey of the Title 24 enforcement policies of area building departments and made the results available to ARCNC members
Single Ply Roofing:
• ARCNC met with Sacramento County Building Department representatives, educating them about proper installation techniques for single ply, and what to look for on inspections
• ARCNC has supported the Roofing Contractors Association of California (RCAC) in sponsoring legislation requiring all licensed roofing contractors to carry workers’ compensation insurance, maintaining a level playing field for roofing businesses
Speakers and Topics:
ARCNC hosts and features speakers on a wide array of topics including:
- Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson
- California Senator Dave Cox
- Contractors State License Board
- US Immigrations & Customs Enforcement
- State Compensation Insurance Fund
- The Lead Detective (lead paint rules)
- Roof Consultants
- Fire Safety Consultant
- Local Building Department representatives from Sacramento and El Dorado Counties and the Cities of Davis, Elk Grove, Rancho Cordova, and Sacramento
Contact ARCNC Staff:
Marc Connerly, Executive Director
(Membership and Sponsorship Recruitment, Programs and Benefits, Advocacy)
Ilene Connerly, Administrator
Julie Cisneros, Associate Consultant
(Accounting, Event Coordination)
Rebecca Keeley, Administrative Support
(Membership Support, Event Registrations, Accounting Support)
Simone Youngblood, Communications
(Website, Email & Online Communications)
2215 21st Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
T: (916) 456-3843
F: (916) 456-7672